So, you're having people round for dinner or you're after a quick-and-easy dessert hit on a weeknight? Then this one is for you! Mocha mousse pots. Three ingredients, minimal time - it's perfect. Chocolate-y, coffee-y, light yet rich and delicious. And you can use the leftover egg yolks not used here to make ice cream (try this one), everyone's a winner! This recipe makes 4 mousse pots and takes less than 15 minutes.
- 100g dark chocolate
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
1. Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water.
2. While the chocolate is melting, beat the egg whites until stiff then whisk in the caster sugar.
3. Mix the instant coffee with 1 tablespoon boiling water and add to the almost melted chocolate, stirring until combined.
4. Gently fold the chocolate into the egg whites and divide into four ramekins or glasses to serve. Simples.